TREC CORE Class - 6 CE - Crossville Library - 9a - 4p CENTRAL TIME
This class is mandated by the state and satisfies the Tennessee Real Estate Commission's (TREC) requirement for its members’ two-year licensing renewal period. Updated every two years, the TREC Core class is designed to keep licensees informed and up to speed on all TREC laws, rules, and policies. The 2017-2018 TREC Core Course includes but is not limited to the following topics that will help you
- Recognize common violations of TN license law and/or TREC rules
- Identify items a TREC audit could uncover or qualify as violations or deficiencies in residential practice
- Recognize what E&O insurance does and doesn’t cover
- Resolve situations, legally and ethically, when an agent discovers he or she is involved in a conflict of interest
- Identify violations of Tennessee’s agency law and what to do to avoid them
- Identify common violations of advertising rules, including advertising of teams, and how to avoid committing those violations
- Recognize common problems and issues with residential contracts and how to avoid or resolve them successfully
- Correctly identify issues that arise in the practice of residential property management, including escrow account rules and other TREC requirements
The Affiliate sponsor for this class is TBD.
The Affiliate Council is comprised of area businesses and service providers who have made a commitment to our real estate community. Affiliate members represent myriad industries and welcome the opportunity to assist Knoxville area Realtors in their business activities. Affiliates sponsor KAAR classes and host special events throughout the year in support of our members.
Please refer to the KAAR Affiliate Directory for a list of these professionals who are committed to actively supporting area Realtors throughout the year.
Patricia Shepherd is the broker of Exit Real Estate Professionals Network. She loves to teach and is a certified instructor with TREEF and teaches the Core Class, Ethics, Agency, At Home with Diversity and Contracts 101. In addition to her extensive committee involvement at KAAR, Patricia is a strong contributor to the education and mentoring of real estate professionals. She is a certified instructor with the Tennessee Real Estate Foundation (TREEF) and teaches numerous classes at KAAR.