TREC Commercial CORE - 6 CE - 9a - 4p
Please note that due to the renovations to the KAAR Education Center, this class will be held at the Lighthouse Knoxville Event Center; click here for directions.
This class is mandated by the state and satisfies the Tennessee Real Estate Commission's (TREC) requirement for its members’ two-year licensing renewal period. Updated every two years, the TREC Core class is designed to keep licensees informed and up to speed on all TREC laws, rules, and policies. The 2015-2016 TREC Commercial Core Course includes but is not limited to the following topics that will help you:
- Recognize common violations of TN license law and/or TREC rules
- Identify items a TREC audit could uncover or qualify as violations or deficiencies in commercial practice
- Recognize what E&O insurance does and doesn’t cover
- Resolve situations, legally and ethically, when an agent discovers he or she is involved in a conflict of interest
- Identify violations of Tennessee’s agency law and what to do to avoid them
- Identify common violations of advertising rules and how to avoid committing those violations
- Recognize common problems and issues with commercial contracts and how to avoid or resolve them successfully
- Correctly identify issues that arise in the practice of commercial property management
Mr. Phillips is California and Tennessee licensed real estate broker and has been an active member of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) since 1999. Prior to his recent return to Knoxville in 2012, Ronnie Lee Phillips served as a managing member and principal advisor of Real Star Realty Advisors, LLC in California. Mr. Phillips' commercial real estate career includes extensive experience as a commercial real estate manager and leasing manager working in areas of property maintenance, property and asset management, leasing, development, brokerage, investment, and advisory.