Is It Competition or Antitrust? Guest Instructor Bruce Aydt - 3 CE Pending - 1p - 4p
Please note that due to renovations to the KAAR Education Center, this class will be held at the Lighthouse Knoxville Event Center. Click here for directions.
EARN FROM THE BEST - You will learn from discussing and antitrust scenarios.
(Example: could any of the following be a source of an antitrust violation? Yes or No?)
- A REALTOR® Association Board of Directors meeting
- An MLS Committee/Board meeting
- A Professional Standards Hearing (Ethics or Arbitration)
- A REALTOR® Association awards dinner
- Agents in different companies talking together at an agent open house
- Agents in different companies who meet regularly to brainstorm marketing ideas.
- Discussions at a sales meeting in one company
- A REALTOR® Association’s Membership Committee meeting
- A company’s annual picnic (assume only company personnel/licensees)
- A franchise’s regional convention
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Elements of antitrust violation
- Per se restraints
- Relationships with parties and antitrust
- Price fixing, group boycott, restraint of trade
Boxed lunches will be available for $8 for any registrant who wishes to stay for the 1pm to 4pm class.
The Affiliate sponsor for this class is Joe Boersma with J&S Home Services-HouseMaster.
The Affiliate Council is comprised of area businesses and service providers who have made a commitment to our real estate community. Affiliate members represent myriad industries and welcome the opportunity to assist Knoxville area Realtors in their business activities. Affiliates sponsor KAAR classes and host special events throughout the year in support of our members.
Please refer to the KAAR Affiliate Directory for a list of these professionals who are committed to actively supporting area Realtors throughout the year.
KAAR warmly welcomes Bruce Aydt, who is among the best instructors and professionals in the industry today. Bruce is a REALTOR®, attorney, author, and educator from St. Louis, Missouri. He has served as president of both the Missouri Association of REALTORS® and the St. Louis Association of REALTORS; he has chaired the NAR Professional Standards Committee, Legal Action Committee, and State Leadership Forum, and he has received the National Association’s Distinguished Service Award. Bruce is a nationally recognized educator on real estate issues and a regular columnist on ethics issues for REALTOR® Magazine. He lives in St. Louis, Missouri with his wife, Lisa and has two grown children.